The Community Medical Center Auxiliary Association was founded in 1954 when 200 women attended a Tea at the Toms River Town Hall to discuss the need for a hospital in central Ocean County. So enthusiastic were these women, that in just four short months nineteen local groups, called Auxiliary Twigs, were formed and functioning.
Their dedicated purpose was to raise funds to provide modern hospital facilities to meet the health care needs of the rapidly growing and changing area. By 1961, the Auxiliary's efforts were realized when Community Memorial Hospital opened its doors to the very first patient.
[ top ]